Many people enjoy the relaxation and soothing effects of sitting in a hot tub. Often people will have them installed in their backyard, or perhaps even a spa bathtub installed in their home as a simple luxury. However, what a lot of people may not realize is that there are actual health benefits associated with hot tub use! What exactly are these benefits ? We thought we’d give you what we think are the top five advantages experienced when soaking in that warm water while the jets swirl and ease out your aches and pains.
Hot Tub Benefits
- STRESS RELIEF- Those words alone are worth enjoying a soak in a spa. Why do hot tubs promote stress relief? After a long period of time stress can create an array of symptoms, from muscle tension, headaches, to fatigue and chronic illness. Soaking in the warm water of a hot tub helps the body to relax and unwind. Coupled with the massaging power of the jets helping to relieve that muscle tension, it helps both your body and mind relax and reset.
- HELPS WITH SLEEP- Sleep studies done have shown that millions of people suffer from insomnia and other sleep issues. While a lot of sleep deprivation can be chalked up to stress and day to day worries, others have serious conditions. Whatever the case, soaking in a hot tub a couple of hours before bed will relax you, regulate body temperature and allow for a more peaceful and deeper sleep.. Not to mention falling asleep will happen a lot easier.
- ARTHRITIS RELIEF- Believe it or not the The Arthritis Foundation published an article on the benefits of hot tubs and spas for arthritic patients. Rick from Patio Splash a reputable hot tub and spa business also shared with us that about 50% of his customers are installing a hot tub for arthritis relief. Why? Regular dips in your hot tub help keep joints and circulation moving. The warm water helps to relax the joints and offers relieve almost instantly. With some of the stress taken off of your joints they become stronger which helps to improve flexibility. Add in a few water exercises a few times a week and you will find that the long term pain relief you will be begin to feel is definitely worth that hot tub purchase
- BACK PAIN BE GONE- Did you know that the #2 reason people visit their doctor in the U.S. is because of back pain? Therapy centered around the use of hot tubs has been proven to have both long term and short term relief and benefits for back pain. With an abundant rise in prescription pain pills and opioid addiction, hot tub therapy is a more natural, drug free route to help in reduce the often numbing pain of those with back related issues.
- GREAT FOR ATHLETES- Whether you play tennis on the weekends with friends, are an avid hiker, participate in Crossfit, or are a runner enthusiast soaking in a hot tub a few times a week is ideal for those who exercise. Hot tubs promote circulation, take pressure and tension off of sore muscles, while the jets can gently work out the kinks in overused muscles.
For those of you who visit our site regularly you know that we like to promote natural healing and overall wellness for the mind body and spirit. Hot tubs and spas can help aid in a variety of different ailments as well as promote stress and muscle relief for overall health. While it is choice to have a hot tub at home you can also utilize these found at your local pool or gym. If you are experiencing any of the above issues we suggest trying some hot tub therapy. You will feel the results instantly as well as experience long term benefits.